The Kenyan government recently announced the introduction of new digital number plates for vehicles in the country. The new plates are expected to enhance security and efficiency in the management of vehicle registration and monitoring.
If you are a vehicle owner in Kenya, you may be wondering how to get the new digital number plates. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
1. Gather the required documents: To apply for the new digital number plates, you will need to have the following documents ready:
– Original logbook
– Copy of your national ID or Passport
– PIN certificate
2. Visit the NTSA website: The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) is the government agency responsible for vehicle registration and licensing. You can start the process by visiting their website and accessing the online platform for the new digital number plates.
3. Create an account: If you do not already have an account with NTSA, you will need to create one on their website. This will allow you to access the digital number plate application platform and track the progress of your application.
4. Fill out the application form: Once you have created an account, you can start the application process by filling out the required information on the online form. Make sure to provide accurate details about your vehicle and personal information.
5. Pay the application fee: After filling out the application form, you will need to pay the required fee for the new digital number plates. The payment can be made online through the NTSA platform using mobile money or credit/debit card.
6. Book an appointment: Once you have completed the application and paid the fee, you will need to book an appointment with the NTSA for the installation of the new digital number plates. You can select a convenient date and time for the installation during the application process.
7. Install the new digital number plates: On the scheduled appointment date, you will need to take your vehicle to the designated NTSA center for the installation of the new digital number plates. The process will involve the removal of the old plates and the installation of the new ones, along with the necessary registration and verification of the information.
8. Collect your new digital number plates: After the installation process is complete, you will be issued with the new digital number plates for your vehicle. Make sure to keep the receipt and any other documentation provided by the NTSA for future reference.
In conclusion, the introduction of new digital number plates in Kenya is a significant step towards enhancing the efficiency and security of vehicle registration and monitoring. By following the above steps, you can easily apply for and obtain the new plates for your vehicle.